Sunday, November 02, 2008

金鐘獎/Golden Bell Awards: Recap




Every year, I always turn on the TV to catch some certain type of award ceremony, from the Oscars, to the Emmy's, then to the TW Golden Bell Awards. Well, all you pretty much gain from watching these shows is a pair of black eyes the next morning. Still, every year, I'm like,"Well, you only get to see it once an year," and I still meekly sit on the sofa to watch it. So since I've already watched it, why not do a recap? Seriously.

I think the only awards actually worth watching were:

  • Best Actress
  • Best Actor
  • Best Supporting Actress
  • Best Supporting Actor
  • Best Drama Director
  • Best Drama
Yup. So really. I sat on the couch for several hours to watch 6 awards, plus Aska Yang and Rainie Yang's performance. It was really tiring! And...it overall was pretty depressing.

I mean, Ariel Lin winning the Best Actress award is OK with me, besides, she's a really hardworking actress. And they had really awesome nominees for Best Actress. Rainie (Why Why Love), Angela (Romantic Princess), and Chiao En (Fated to Love You). Yah, things were okay for the Best Actress Award.

But now for the Best Actor. They didn't even nominate anyone good. Unless you count Eddie Peng from Wayward Kengting. Which I most definitely...don't!

The Best Supporting Actress and Actor didn't go to anyone that mattered (to me). But Lee Wei was a nominee for Best Supporting Actor, which kinda surprised me. If Lee Wei can be a nominee, then why can't Ethan???

The Best Drama Director also went to someone that didn't matter. But Fated to Love You and Why Why Love's directors were also runner ups, which is pretty cool.

Last but not least, the Best Drama award went to....FATED TO LOVE YOU!!! Finally!
And I can't imagine anyone else that deserved this award more than they did. It's such a great honor!

Oh right, Aska's performance was pretty good. He sang 惡作劇 and 我的快樂. They weren't perfect for his voice, and he also forgot the lyrics to one of the earlier songs, but it was pretty cool.

Rainie's perfomance was more extravagant, because she kept on changing clothes with every song. She's a really good singer, and she really shined that night.

Overall, I have a conclusion. I am so not watching next year's awards. Although I doubt I'll be able to keep my promise...XD


2 comments:

马克 WíGz said...

Rainie Yang has a new CD out - Rainie’s Proclamation - Not Yet A Woman

10 new tracks

you can get it here

http://nhatkyviet.com/2008/11/07/rainie-yang-rainies-proclamation-not-yet-a-woman/

Michelle Chien said...

Thanks!!! I really love her new album! XD