Friday, March 21, 2008

Agent J 特務J- Jolin Tsai 蔡依林



This is kinda old, but a couple days ago, my friend lent me her MP3, and it had Jolin's 桃花園/Ideal State, which is now one of my favorites in this album. A lot of people say this was Jolin's best album so far, but I have to say I'm a little disappointed. Jay Chou's album was awesome, Fahrenheit's hit the box office, and Aska Yang improved so much since he first appeared onstage in One Million Stage. There's nothing wrong with the album, but I really think Jolin changed since she first entered showbiz. Like in a weird way...
But I still support her! Jolin ROX!

One reason I love Jolin is: she went to my old elementary school. Which is pretty funny, right? This year's school anniversary, she's going to attend! As if anyone can get close for a signature.

The OST of this album is Agent J- I don't really like it. I don't usually like fast songs, and this one one not much of an exception. But I saw the MV, and the guy looks SO much like Nicholas Teo. But instead it's some korean guy.

Everyone knows that Jolin went out with Jay, and then Jay went out with Patty Hou, and NOW Jolin is saying that she was backstabbed. I mean, get with the program, Jolin, this happened years ago!

My favorite songs in this album is:

  • 桃花園/Ideal State
  • 日落後/Sun Will Never Set
  • 節拍器/Metronome
Cough, cough. That's it...?
Well, you can't expect for the whole album to be awesome (in your personal opinions). Even superhuman Jay can't do that. That's why I fully support Japan when they release singles. You can be sure you don't waste money. But the point is, I still don't think it's worth it because I listen to one song for a couple weeks, then I get totally bored.

Well, I thought I had another "unbiased" opinion. I forgot, believe it or not. Geez. How pathetic can I get? Since this is so, I end it here!

SUGAR & SPICE: (credits to wikipedia)

The expenses for Jolin's album "Agent J" took 50,000,000 Taiwan dollars (1,513,179.80 USD), filming in Paris, England, and Thailand and taking dance lessons in Europe, Taiwan, and USA [1]. Jolin had learn pole dancing and aerial ribbon dancing for a music video for her album "Agent J". Jolin learnt the moves within 10 days of intense training, almost paralysing her right arm [2]. The deluxe version of the new album contains a three-part music movie featuring popular Korean actor Kim Jae Won and Hong Kong stars Stephen Fung and Carl Ng. Metronome was written by Jolin herself.

The track, "Sun Will Never Set" is a cover version of the original "Sunshine In The Rain" by Bodies without Organs

SONG LIST:

  1. Agent J (特務J; Te wu J)
  2. Bravo Lover (愛無赦; Ai wu she)
  3. Alone (一個人; Yi ge ren)
  4. Fear-Free (怕什麼; Pa shi mo)
  5. Ideal State (桃花源; Tao hua yuan)
  6. Prologue of Tacit Violence (冷.前言; Leng qian yan)
  7. Tacit Violence (冷暴力; Leng bao li)
  8. Priceless (非賣品; Fei mai pin)
  9. Metronome (節拍器; Jie pai qi)
  10. Golden Triangle (金三角; Jin san jiao)
  11. Sun Will Never Set (日不落; Ri bu luo)
  12. Let's Move It

(Note: All the track names have only three characters)

SALES:
Agent J is one of the best selling albums around Asia. In Taiwan, the order before the album release had reached 50,000. One week after the album was released, the total sales in Taiwan has reached 150,000. Critics are expecting this album can sell over 200,000 just in Taiwan. In Hong Kong, the album debuted in HMV best selling Asian album at its peak number 2. As the album was released one week later after Taiwan, the Agent J has sold over 10,000 copies in Hong Kong. In Hong Kong, the promotion is still continuing in December. Jolin is planning to go to Hong Kong for events and promotion in Christmas period as the album has now sold about 20,000 and is one of the best-selling Mandarin album in Hong Kong in 2007.

LAST COMMENT:
I didn't even know all the songs were only 3 words! Woah, what's that supposed to mean?
Maybe Jolin's album sold better than I thought. Okay, okay, I take it back.

0 comments: