Sunday, March 23, 2008

Smiling Pasta/微笑PASTA



My first impression of Smiling Pasta was not very complimentary. Most Taiwan dramas portray girls that are really...dumb. Such as ISWAK. Ariel is really pretty and a good actress, but really, she is waaayyy too stupid. No offense to ISWAK lovers!

I think Smiling Pasta is really cute. It's trying for the happy, lighthearted drama. Not the very sad, romantic type. But it's romantic in it's own special way. One thing I loved about this drama is that it uses a lot of special effects. Which just adds to the drama's cuteness. ^_^

CHARACTER CHECK:

Cheng Xiao Shi/Cyndi Wang: I didn't like her that much...she's not that pretty and can get a little annoying in the first episode. But if you watch on, she's really lovable and cute.

He Qun/Nicholas Teo: I feel a little embarrassed to say this, but I thought that Nicholas looked like Calvin Chen from Fahrenheit. I mean, even his voice is similar! But now I think I was blind or deaf that day. It's funny now that I think of it.

Ah Zhe/Gino: I was like, ugh, who is this guy? But I really learned to like this cold and tough guy. Even though he looks really hard to cross, he has a very warm heart. ^_^

Rita/Xiao Qiao: She's supposedly the female antagonist, but I turned out to really like her personality in the end. Not too scheming, and not too evil. Love Rita!

Vincent: He Qun's manager...is awesome! Except maybe he's a little misunderstanding in the end. But all goes well. I just found out that he plays the manager/assistant to Ruo He's dad in Bullfighting. Seriously, that scares me.

Cheng Family: Everyone in Xiao Shi's family has different personalities, and I loved each of them. They were there for Xiao Shi from start to end. That point especially touched me.

There is no realy climax to this drama, just because it was meant to set a smile on your face. When He Qun and Xiao Shi argue, it always makes me laugh. When they have troubles, they cause me to shed tears. This drama really is awesome. No drama can be perfect, and a lot of people say the CK problem was solved too fast. But if you think logically, it makes sense. But no spoilers!

I read on the comments that in Ep. 16, if Xiao Shi could have had amnesia and totally forgotten who He Qun was, that was a way to extend the drama. I thought, woah, that is such a good idea! I mean, wow! A whole new story could spin from right there!

A lot of people say that SP might have a season 2, but I have a theory. One of the latest dramas that made a season 2 was ISWAK, which was a top box office drama. I'm not very sure if SP sold this well...

I've pretty much said I have to comment. Now I'm telling, if you want a very happy and relaxed drama to watch, then this one is BINGO!!! :)

The following is kudos to DramaWiki:

CAST:

SYNOPSIS:
Xiao Shi is a girl who has gone through many short relationships, 17 to be exact, not one lasting more than 3 months hence, she was cursed with a three-month curse. After being dumped by her 17th boyfriend, the world looks grimmer than ever. At that time, a famous idol, He Qun runs past, bumps into Xiao Shi, and they end up "kissing" on the street. Paparazzi swarmed by and to avoid a bad reputation, He Qun’s manager declared Xiao Shi as He Qun’s girlfriend of one year and fiancée. Thus, a love contract was made. This story is about how the couple learns to like each other after having disagreements in the beginning, as well as fighting the injustices the media throw at them. Will Xiao Shi finally break her 3 month curse?

LAST TIDBIT:

I have to say, it was so funny when I saw Leon Jay Williams in Ep. 15! I was like, hey it's Tian Jun from My Lucky Star! Haha!

I loved their soundtrack- every song rocked! See review for Tears From Polaris.

Did you know that Qian Hui is actually Ming Mei from My Lucky Star. Geez. Such a differrent character...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

smiling pasta is very good. it's one of my favorite drama and i watch it almost 30 times.so what other dramas you watch?thanks for the link to the other blog and for reading my blog ^-^